Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Teens & WIFI

So summer has come and gone, and we are two weeks into school.  So back to going to sleep at a decent time, waking up before the sun rises.  One nice thing is I only have one school drop off this year.  So with that said the boys still want to stay up late, as soon as they get home they jump on the games in their rooms.  Had been trying to get them to help around the house. To me, it was just easier to do it instead of waiting for it to get done.  Well, I have learned that is NOT teaching them anything.   I am also one tired mom.  So with that being said we have new house rules, these are our house rules NOT everyone's kids or households work the same.  If you have Ideas I would LOVE to hear them, I love trying different things.



This is what we have implemented, its only been a week and a half and the first 2 days were the WORST of my life.  But we TURNED OFF THE WIFI!!!  That's what I said I know Crazy... but it worked.  So the WiFi gets a new password on Monday.  If their laundry was done and put away over the weekend and their rooms are clean (you can get from one side to the other and not kill yourself) then I put the WIFI on the cell phones ONLY. (so they don't use all the data)




                                                                                 

 I know what you are thinking, they have homework online right. Yes, they do. so I made a computer nook in my hall upstairs it has our big mac on it.  I put the Wifi code in that so they have access to their homework and online stuff but NO games.










So to sum it up, NO Games in their room during the week. Chores are getting done and rooms are staying clean.  I know it's only going into the third week of school. But a mom can dream right.  I will keep you posted on how long it last...they might drive me mad asking for it every 5mins.  Hoping to stay strong.


Thank You,
It's a Mixed Life






No comments:

Post a Comment