Thursday, October 18, 2018

Honey, I GOT A JOB

Honey, I FOUND a JOB!!!!

I was looking for a couple months, sending out my resume but not really finding anything.  Then one night I find the Amazon listing and decide to apply (just for fun) and to my amazement, they offer me a job right there online.  I learn later that I think most people do get an offer right there which is crazy, but what the heck lets see what happens.  Go do all the normal drug test, paperwork, turn in papers, then they tell you that as soon as all paperwork and drug test are a go you will get an email of when you come in for orientation. Sounds good, so I waited about a week was thinking ok maybe something went wrong....but NO I get the email to show up at my allotted time. You will be there for 10.5 hours for orientation.  My first thought was WHAT THE F**K was I thinking to take a 40hour a week job when I have always worked here and there. I am Crazy thinking I can handle this.  Maybe they will put me at a desk to look at orders or something.  SO THERE I GO!!!!

Out of the house by 6:00am, and headed north.  Got there super fast NO Traffic but expected on a Sunday.  Wanted to get there early to be able to relax before I get in there.  You pull up and this is what you see...





I go in and wait with about 15 people. First thing is we get a badge to get into the building. No badge No entrance also you are not allowed to have your CELL PHONE at all.  They take us to a room and we go through about 100 slides of dos and don'ts. Then we get our job. So to my unknown, this is a large shipping facility.  What does that mean, when you order we ship diapers, cat food, dog food, mini frigs.  So you can pick items or you can pack items.  Drum Roll I GET PACKING.....



OK, so not what I thought I would get but its better than picking and putting boxes in the truck.  That is until I get a cart of 30 bags of 40 LBS of dog food. Let me tell you after the first 5 hours that day I had bruises on my legs, my arms are killing me and I can't even walk to the break room. I just wanted to sit and cry. You need to be fit (ok I admit I am not fit) endurance, and a great pair of shoes.  So you stand for your whole shift just packing up all things from Amazon.  I have seen some cool things come through my line.  I just finished my second week and I am still sore. My feet are a little better, but the bags of dog food is taking a toll on me. HAHA  so for a least the next few weeks you can find me at my new job....



Thank you for listening to me. I know there are many who work a 40 hour a week job without complaining.  But I would take having all the kids little again I think...WELL MAYBE NOT.


No comments:

Post a Comment